Sunday, February 17, 2013

Travel Day...

0

A bit of an update...

Our team of seven (fab four plus the air nz host + photographer + DOC guide) completed the 60km Kepler Track yesterday afternoon. We all came through strong despite the fact that it was a little bit harder than we expected and the packs are HEAVY!!!

New Zealand is everything I thought it could be plus a million things I never could have imagined. I honestly didn't realise there could be so many shades of green,  rivers so clear, or skies so blue. It's blowing my mind.

We are currently en route to  Invercargill via van where we will catch a tiny plane to Stewart Island. Stewart Island is a rarely visited island about as close to Antarctica as possible without actually being in Antarctica. We start the Rakiura Track tomorrow- three days on the trails before we head back to Te Anau for a few days to prep for the Milford Track.

I'll post a more detailed update with piccies later tonight if I Internet and time permit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment