Friday, February 8, 2013

Australia

0

I’d forgotten all about the stereotypes I’d learned about Australia by the time I got here. Kangaroos, Koalas, and Crocodile Dundee were the farthest things from my mind. I just wanted to see Christie and Lyndall and bathe in all the happiness I’m feeling.

Coming from sunny, warm SoCal, I didn’t expect the fact that it’s summer here to make much difference to me. I was totally wrong. The sun stays up till 8 pm, the warmth is different - more stable - and the rays beat stronger. No matter how much sunscreen I apply, I cannot seem to keep myself from becoming brown. I’ve spent the last three days in my bathing suit. My hair is so dirty and salty from the ocean that it actually lies down (mostly).

I’m not gonna be able to find words to explain how much I love it here. The weather has been impeccable, the people are some of the friendliest I’ve ever met, the beaches are straight out of magazines, the water warm… add all of that to the fact that they use dollars (which almost match ours in value) and speak English, AND I’ve been with some of the best friends a girl could have since I’ve been here, you get the happiest version of me.

Logistically, I spent my first two and a half days here in Sydney. Lyndall did a fantastic job showcasing her city. Her family is AMAZINGLY kind (and funny!), and put us up for a night. Christie and I started our road trip from Sydney to Brisbane on Thursday. We slept in Port Macquarie last night and are in Byron Bay tonight. I don’t have words for how beautiful this country is – so here are some pictures: 


Sunrise walk at Sydney Harbor

Opera House - Bridge behind it

Manly Beach

Lyndall's fierce mama! (And super yummy dessert!!!)

Evidence of where I am...

Fingal Bay - One of many stunning beaches we've visited.

Battle wounds from last week's half-marathon. Stupid bib. (Nice tan lines... I know.) 

Me & Eli at Byron Bay. Such a CUTIE!!!

This is not normal. 

Bathing in all the happiness I'm feeling... 

Christie, Lyndall, Me & Bridge

I. LOVE. SYDNEY. 

Christie and I at the Opera House.

At Manly with my beezer. :) 




0 comments:

Post a Comment