Tuesday, February 28, 2012

more more more...

0

I've been writing with an actual pen and paper as electricity's been sparse, but still haven't had time to get anything written on this machine. So frustrating to me.

As my days at the Kyabirwa Primary School come to an end, the people seem to becoming more attached to me (and me to them).

Collin (or Collins - depending on who you ask), the little guy who comes to work with his mama, has finally taken to me. Originally I couldn't decide whether he hated me, was afraid of me (which is VERY common here - kids are afraid of white people, they just never see them) or whether he was embarrassed to be seen with me.  For the last few days he's made it his personal mission to find me somewhere between break time and lunch time, climb on my lap, and have his little face touched until he falls asleep in my arms. I'm not sure who loves it more, me or him...

I've still never heard Colin speak, never seen him smile or even so much as seen an expression from his eyes. I feel so lucky to know that he feels safe with me.

Me and "my boy" as the staff now commonly refers...
Only three more days of working here. I cannot imagine my days without them.

That being said, I am ready to move on. I am just praying I find experiences as rich as this has been as my little adventure continues.
Majid took this picture of me yesterday and said "you look beautiful, but your head is somewhere else."  He's right. I'm so in love with this place but ready for a good night's sleep and a warm shower. (Though, not actually sure when I'm going to find either of those things... :) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment