Thursday, January 5, 2012

First full day - Nairobi

0

We are currently sitting at Barney's Airstrip at the in the Laikipia region of Kenya (at 6700 feet). Here are the notes from the team about our day yesterday.

We ate a lot of meat. Ox-balls, oyster balls (ostrich), crocodile.


We saw baboons!!! And PUMBAS! (On the side of the road- wild. Someone else has these pictures. I'll post them when I get them.)

We saw baby elephants and a rhino (elephant orphanage).
That baby weighs 220 lbs!!!!





We went to the bead factory. Everyone spent too much money, but me. (Not a bead girl- really, really amazing...)





We saw Karen Blixen's house. (I only know the one line from the movie - "I had a farm in Africa.")

We saw the biggest slum in East Africa... 1.5 million people live there. (REALLY wild... 1/4 of the people living in Nairobi live in this slum.)


We had gear check. (Hilarious... I'll post video of this too, later.)


I have a lot more to say about all of this, but given this rare opportunity to get WiFi - I'm giving you the cliff notes... and pics! Here are a few more cause I think they're fun...
Livi - Sporting her new gear.

The whole team - FINALLY TOGETHER!

Flat tire on the land cruiser.

The girls waiting for the boys to change the tire.

Where we are right this very moment...


0 comments:

Post a Comment