Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Update - August 9, 2011

0

Exactly five months from today I will be in the middle of the climb on Mt. Kenya.

I'm pretty much gonna explode just thinking about it. Those unfortunate enough to spend their days around me know that I've been counting down for a year now. When I announced this morning that I would be climbing a mountain in Kenya in "JUST FIVE MONTHS!" they looked almost as excited as I feel!

Fundraising: I stink at asking people for money. I finally sent The Email... I've had some nice responses. Some great ideas and offers have come through with fundraising, as well as a little bit of money. Clearly, I am going to have to get more creative in my approach. I'm feeling pressure, which is GREAT! I need pressure!

Training: I'm always doing something active. I'm probably on the mountain three times a month - not to train, but because I love it. I NEED it. Luckily, I can call this training now! I'm also doing the Hood to Coast Relay in Portland in a couple of weeks (to which, I've committed to running much faster than I actually run...) and will participate in my ninth of twelve mountain bike races of the summer tonight. I'm loving it all. Hopefully, this all makes me fit enought to climb 3 of the highest mountains in 3 weeks in AFRICA in five months? Errrr... I might need to focus a little bit.

All of that being said, the emotions that come with the pressure of fundraising, personal finances, training, work, and life are focused into pure joy when I watch the video below. Simply put, I have a really hard time believing that I will be a part of this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment